August 30, 2008

truly terrible knitters

The Terrible Knitters of Dent were not really terrible knitters.

They were amazing farming knitters who "could knit with one hand while milking the cow with the other." That according to the Dent Heritage Centre.













This silly knitting project is truly terrible, but it just doesn't count. It's a joke and that hurts when you are a truly, truly terrible knitter.












My knitting messes are ok. I'm calling them art, because I have a degree in art and I attack a canvas the same half backwards way I knit...just start and try to figure it out later. I am amazed at the outcomes (both paintings and knits) and wonder who on earth could have made that and what on earth were they thinking.

I think it only could be a truly terrible knitter.
Indeed.

No comments: