August 23, 2008

remembering emails

......
Remember getting letters?

Remember getting phone calls?
Remember the worldwideweb opening it's doors to the little man?


We all looooooooved it.
Emails flew east west north south.

Emailing to Europe was astounding!
(if you knew someone in Europe to email)
I couldn't believe it didn't cost any more than that basic connection fee.


Where is email now?
I MISS GETTING EMAIL!

Just like I miss getting letters.
I soooo miss receiving letters!
At least I receive a few atc's once a month.
That temporarily satisfies.

I always pause when I hear the mail truck stop and wonder,
"Any good mail?!"

Sadly I come to a conclusion.
I face facts.
No letters today,
no emails today,
and definitely...no comments on my blog today!

That's the last straw.

Blogging has come to a standstill,
well...
no...
more like a slowmotion-still.

Bloggers are not blogging often enough.
I check every other day and nothing new.


That's ok,
I can blog all I want,
whether read or not.
I can write letters all I want.


Maybe you'll get a letter this very day.
Where's my letter writing fountain pen?

p.s. texting is the WORST.
The only ones I ever get are:
"Landed safely."



.......

No comments: