May 8, 2010

Do they Remember?


Do the grown up children remember

listening to wonderful baby songs? We sang in the car, dancing in the bedrooms, wherever?!

 
Ella Jenkins

Woodie Guthrie


Pete Seeger


















We also had records 
from Sesame street 
* The Count Counts, 
and Disneyland
* It's a Small World, 

but these were my favorites:
* The Wheels on the Bus go Round
* This Land is Your Land
* Don't You Push me Down

And Gram's songs:
* Shoe the Horse and Shoe the Mare
* Trit Trot to Boston, Trit Trot to Lynne.

And my songs from my Nursery School days:
* All the Little Horses
* If You're Happy and You Know it.

* They Say it's Your Birthday! *
Do NOT forget the Beatles' Birthday song.
I guess no one could forget that one.

A song I loved to sing to babies?
We'd bounce and I'd sing:


* My Paddle Keen and Bright *
a Native Canadian song adapted to English.

My paddle's keen and bright
Flashing with silver
Follow the wild goose flight
Dip, dip and swing

Dip, dip and swing her back
Flashing with silver
Swift as the wild goose flies
Dip, dip and swing 

 


No comments: