May 17, 2009

It's a Structure

...
We're calling it the STRUCK-SCHA!
...
You know,
the word:
structure,
with an accent.


Struck Shah
...
Like the Rhode Island relatives would pronounce it,
or
like Roosevelt would pronounce it,
or
the Penguin,
in Batman.
I don't know.
...
It's an arbor/trellis/gazebo/pergola thing.
I've been wanting one for a loooooong time.













Our friend figured it out from a crude sketch of mine.Yes, I have a college degree in Fine Art, but I can still draw like a 4 year old.
...
Luckily for us, I. knows how to measure and saw, skills I sorely lack, and I'm not being modest.
...
You just ask B. Luckily she knows how to measure AND how to use a paper shear thingie. She can cut ATC's to fit in her 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" storage box. My ATC's are not stored. They are here and there. I like to look at them, or at least that's my excuse, but I must say that I do believe myself because I really do like to look at them and how would I find what I was looking for if they were put away neatly? It's just not in my genetics, so don't wait for it.
...
What would we do without the S.P. family?
...
I. is building the struck-shahh sooooooo carefully.
And in practically no time at all.
(I'd say "literally, no time at all.!", but what sense would that make?)
He patched up the crashed fence in a jiffy.
...
So the pergola is up and looking mighty good.
...
T. stained it to match the house.
Twice.
And he washed it down before he began.
He's working soooooo carefully.

......
Next come benches and then lath and then mulch below and then climbing vines and then flowers. How exciting. We'll all sit and watch the birds.

Now how about some tall, easy to reach, vegetable planters?
YEAH!
...
I'll check with I.
Just don't tell T.
It'll be a surprise.
...
I'll come up with a sketch.




...

1 comment:

baffle said...

wow that thing is awesome! and just in the beginning stages too! i can hardly wait to sit under it and watch birdies.

i heard that b's ATC storage is very easily accessible (on an open shelf below the Official ATC Display holder thingy). True, each month is filed away in order, but all are easily taken out to be looked at. you must come see - and i'm sure b will cut more 2.5 x 3.5 for you whilst you do just that.

anyway.
happy happy on the pergola STRUCK-SCHA!